The health and safety of our attendees,
exhibitors, and sponsors are of the utmost concern and priority at CLEAN WATERWAYS.
In an effort to maintain the health and well-being of our participants at the
event, we are committed to following the guidelines put
in place by the CDC, the U.S.
Travel Association and at the city
and state levels.
CLEAN WATERWAYS COVID-19 Protocols
- Attendees will be required to wear face masks or coverings over their mouth and nose in indoor hotel public areas, the event space and when moving around in outdoor areas. Masks will be provided to anyone who needs one.
- Attendees should practice physical distancing wherever possible.
- Attendees are strongly encouraged to pre-register for the event in order to limit onsite registration and contact.
- Attendees are encouraged to check their temperatures before arriving at the event, and if they have a fever, are asked not to attend.
- Attendees are encouraged not to attend if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
At the Hotel, The Galt House COVID-19 Preparedness
- The Galt House is in the process of becoming a GBAC STAR™ Accredited Facility, and will be officially certified for our in person event in September, certifying that they are implementing the industry’s highest standards for cleaning and disinfection of infectious agents like the novel coronavirus.
- All associates will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Public Area Department, Hotels Operations and Security.
- Hotel staff will be required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment including masks and gloves in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
- Hotel associates will be required to have their temperature taken prior to beginning a shift. Any associate confirmed to have a temperature in excess of 100.3 degrees will not be allowed entry into the property and will be directed towards appropriate medical care
- All cleaning products and protocols used will meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed in key guest and associate entrances and contact areas including event space and common areas.
- All areas where guests or hotel staff queue will be clearly marked for appropriate social distancing.
- Appropriate signage will be prominently displayed outlining mask usage and current social distancing practices throughout the hotel.
- Health and hygiene reminders will be present through the property as determined by the state health department guidelines.
- Lobby floors will be marked appropriately for social distancing with a minimum of six feet per guest or group traveling together.
- Plexi-glass shields will be present in high engagement areas, including hotel lobby desks where agents will utilize every other workstation.
- All guest touch points including EMV Credit Card Devices, pens and countertops will be sanitize after each transaction.
- Frequent and thorough cleaning of public areas and elevators will occur at least once per hour.
- Elevators will be equipped with social distancing signage to explain the social distancing procedures
- No more than four (4) guests will be allowed per elevator.
- Guest rooms will be cleaned using industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols with particular attention paid to high tough contact surfaces.
- All bed linen and bathroom terry will be serviced on the third day (or every three days for longer term guests) and guest linens will be removed from rooms in single use sealed bags.
- Housekeeping will provide bathroom terry and amenities upon request through touchless service.
- Restaurants and bars will reduce seating capacities to allow for a minimum of six feet between each seated group/party of guests.
- “All reusable collateral will be removed from rooms and information will be posted electronically.
- Disposable collateral to be disposed and changed after each guest.”
- In room dining will be suspended and replaced with knock-and-go delivery. Guest will retrieve their own order that will be placed outside their room.
At the Event
- Show Management staff will be required to wear face masks or coverings over their mouth and nose throughout the event space.
- Signage promoting social distancing will be present throughout the event space.
- Registration and lines will be set to allow for proper physical distancing with floor decals and queue stanchions.
- Show Management staff will sanitize the registration desk in between each guest interaction.
- Attendees that do not pre-register and come onsite to register will be directed to complete their registration using their mobile device or laptop by Show Management staff.
- Hard copy materials and presentation handouts will be prohibited and instead will be available digitally pre and post-event on the mobile app.
- Exhibitors are encouraged to bring their own sanitation supplies as they will be responsible for the cleanliness of their booth space.
- Physical distancing/no handshake stickers will available for attendees and exhibitors.
- Conference certificates will not be printed or available onsite and instead provided digitally upon email request to Cassie Davie.
In the Session Room and Exhibit Hall
- Sanitizer stations will be placed at the entry of every event space
and high touch area.
- Dedicated entry and exit points will be identified to ease one-way
- Only individuals who have a badge for the event, hotel staff and Show
Management will be allowed into the session room and exhibit hall.
- Exhibit and session room set-up arrangements will allow for physical
distancing between guests in all meetings and evens based on CDC and state
- Exhibitors will be responsible for the sanitation and cleanliness of
their own booth space.
- Table linens will be replaced after each use.
- When possible, meeting room doors will be left open to reduce hand to
- The hotel will conduct standard meeting room refreshes and cleaning of
high tough point areas in session room between scheduled sessions.
- The stage will be equipped with 2 sets of stairs, 1 on each side, for
speakers to use as dedicated entry/exit points.
- Bottled water will not be pre-placed at the podium and instead handed
to every speaker individually upon taking the stage.
- The AV technician will be masked and gloved for the duration of the
session and will run all presentations from the technician table in the back of the room instead of
speakers running their own presentations.
Food & Beverage Service
- All food and beverage services will be provided in a
minimal contact way, self-service style will be prohibited.
- All food items and beverages will be individually
packaged and/or served by an attendant wearing a mask and gloves.
- All condiments (cream, sugar, etc.) will be served in
- Communal water service will be prohibited and replaced by individual
- Food and beverage will be placed in areas that facilitate
proper physical distancing of 6’ while guests are in line.
- Flatware and napkins will be supplied either in a roll-up
fashion or as single service disposable products that are pre-wrapped